There are a number of annual or occasional events that you might like to plan a trip around:
- Hegins Valley Arts and Craft Faire – Annually, the third Saturday in September - rain or shine.
- The Great Pottsville Cruise - each August
- Schuylkill County Wine Festival - September
- Girardville St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Gratz Amish Consignment Auction – Early May
- Gratz Craft Show – October
- Gratz Fair – Begins the second Sunday after Labor Day and runs for 7 days.
Less than 30 minutes away:
- A Miniature Haven Farm - Sacramento - miniature horse farm
- Benigna’s Creek Winery - Great events every month
- Crossroads Market – Gratz - Every Friday – Noon to approximately 8 pm
- Lykens Valley Golf Club - Millersburg
- Pine Creek Alpacas - Pottsville
- Rausch Creek Off Road Park - Tremont
- Rausch Creek Trail Riders - Valley View
- Red Shale Ridge Vineyards - Hegins
- Sky-Vu Drive-In Movie - Gratz
- Stone Mountain Wine Cellars -
30 - 45 minutes away:
45 - 90 minutes away:
- Antique Auto Museum at Hershey - Hershey
- Centralia - Centralia/Ashland - underground mine fire
- Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery - Columbia County
- Dauphin County, Hershey, Harrisburg Visitor's Bureau
- Galen Glen Winery - Andreas
- Hawk Mountain – Kempton - A world renowned raptor natural sanctuary and research center
- Hershey, Pa
- Hershey's Chocolate World - Free admission plus extras
- Hershey Giant Center
- Hershey Spa - Purchase any spa service and then utilize the pool, saunas, hot tubs, fitness center and more all day for free
- Hersheypark Stadium
- Hollywood Casino - Hershey
- Knoebel's Grove Amusement Park - Elysburg - Always free admission and free parking; pets welcome
- Long Trout Winery - Auburn
- Stonehedge Gardens - Tamaqua
Getting Around in Hegins Township
On Rt. 25 WestTurn left out the driveway onto Quaker Drive. At the stop sign at Rt. 25, turn right onto 25 West.
- 1.3 miles to Weist RV – on the left
- 2.2 miles to Good Shepherd EC Church – on the right
- 2.6 miles to the Gratz Drive-in – on the right
- 2.9 miles to the Boardwalk Family Fun Center – hard and soft ice cream drive-in, small game room
- 2.9 miles to the Gratz Fairgrounds – on the right
- 2.9 miles to Reed’s Restaurant – on the right JUST after the fairgrounds
- 3.8 miles to the ATM machine – in the Gratz National Bank on the left in Gratz
- 3.9 miles to Shade’s Market – on the right – quick groceries, video rentals
- 3.9 miles to gas station – on the left across from Shade’s Market
If you go left at the gas station in Gratz onto Specktown road, go 3.2 miles to the stop sign and make a left onto Crossroads. Go another 1.2 miles to Route 209 (the Exxon Tower Market will be on your left)
- Right 2.2 miles to The Mini Golf Fun Center – on the left. Ice cream, mini golf, arcade, small fast food restaurant (about 9.4 total miles from Clover's Cotage)
- Right 2.5 miles to Walmart, McDonalds, Dollar General, a bank, a discount grocery store and household and clothing consignment shop – on the left
- Right 3 miles to Route 209 Beverage Warehouse (translation – this is where you can buy beer, but not wine) – on the right
- Left approximately 3 miles to Horning’s Country Store
On Rt. 25 EastTurn left out the driveway onto Quaker Drive. At the stop sign at Rt. 25, turn left onto 25 East.
- Travel east several miles, through Sacramento, Good Spring and other little villages until you reach the Hegins/Valley View area.
- Redner's Market is a full service grocery store on your left. Also at this site is a bank and gas station, movie rentals and more.
- In your travels you will find pizza, Chinese food and other small restaurants to sample.
Click on this link to see our Flickr Photo Gallery.